Sugar and sea salt scrubs are a great way to exfoliate, refresh, and renew your skin. Scrubs are mainstay treatments at spas and beauty centers and can be a pricey indulgence. Try this simple and inexpensive scrub at home without the spa cost!
The most important step in the process of making your own at home scrub is selecting your base material. The coarseness of your scrub will depend on your base material. From least coarse to most coarse you have white sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar and sea salt. White and brown sugar are generally regarded as safe when preparing a face scrub while raw sugar and sea salt is generally reserved for hand and foot scrubs.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup base (white sugar, brown sugar, raw sugar OR sea salt)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 5 drops orange essential oil
- 5 drops jasmine essential oil
- Ensure coconut oil is at room temperature (72 degrees) or higher and is in a liquid state, combine with essential oils in medium mixing jar, mix well.
- Carefully add oil mixture to base in medium mixing bowl. Stir base while adding oil mixture.
- Depending on application area, use a soft rag for facial application AVOIDING EYES AND EARS. For coarser applications on hands and feet use a stiffer bath foot brush.