Try this delicious, oil infused summer barbecue recipe! Here is what you’ll need:
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 drop thyme essential oil
- 1 drop basil essential oil
- 1 drop black pepper essential oil
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 avocados
- 20 medium raw peeled shrimp
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- Metal or wooden skewers for shrimp
- Slice avocados in half lengthwise, remove pits. Brush olive oil over the avocados.
- Start on the salsa; add hot sauce, onion, tomato, and salt and pepper to taste, and mix everything together.
- Mix the first 11 ingredients together, this is the seasoning for the shrimp. Skewer your shrimp, and sprinkle the seasoning over the shrimp.
- With the grill on medium; place avocado flesh side down, and grill for a few minutes. Cook shrimp for 3 minutes on each side.
- Then remove the skewer and lightly chop shrimp, and mix into the salsa. Place a spoonful into each avocado and enjoy.